the name....

Tuesday, August 01, 2006


the daughter of imran
the niece of zachariah












when i was a little kid,
i feel sad with this name,
why?
the other kids always teasing me
they call me ayam(chicken), meriam buluh (some kind of firework),
i asked myself why do i ever have this name
for the other kids to tease me
i went back and told my mum
she said to me,
this is a special name
it was belong to a special women
who put her whole heart devoting to Allah
a servant to Allah, a mother to a messenger,
my mum's words relief me

when i grow up
again i feel sad with this name
why?
when people ask my name
i will introduce myself with this name
and i was suprised by the reaction of people towards this name
they will say this name is sweet
a very nice name,mashaAllah

yes it was a very nice name
a very meaningful name

but as i look into myself
i will asked myself this question
was i entitled to carry out this name?
to introduce myself as maryam?


"Allah has made an example for those who believe: the wife of Pharaoh, when
she said: 'My Lord, build a house in the Garden for me in Your pres-
ence, rescue me from Pharaoh and his deeds, and rescue me from this
wrongdoing people.' And Maryam, the daughter of 'Imran, who
guarded her chastity—We breathed Our Spirit into her. She confirmed
the Words of her Lord and His Book, and was one of the obedient"
(Surat at-Tahrim: 11-12)

maryam was a superior women
who's name was written in the Quran
like a sky and the earth would be the difference
of this maryam and me
but...

"we have sent down clear sign to you, as well as example of those who passed away before you and admonition for those who guard against evil"
(an nur; 34)

as a human,
a servant of Allah
a muslim who is struggling
to try to be that women
so that one day i wont feel sad having this name



0 comments: