Driving

Friday, April 18, 2008

when i first move to Penang to start my new college term,
I drove alone all the way with all the heavy luggage and stuff to my new apartment.
Accompanying me was my brother whom i have to send back to his boarding school in Kuala Kangsar.

on the way to Penang, we stop at R&R jejantas Sg Buloh to meet my elder brother before we went off. He told me that it would took me 4 hours to Penang from there.

after he pay our lunch, we split, i continue my journey.

I remember driving 160km/h and i remember seeing a few speed trap camera. haha.. im just going to wait a phone call from my dad saying i got a saman...

Anyway, when I reach the Penang bridge, i realize i took me 3 hours to reach penang from the r&R. I send a msg to my bro saying that im in penang..
haha without that speeding i wouldn't be reaching in 3 hours time..
But deep down in my heart, there is one little thing which will destroy everything.
The feeling of proud. Proud of the achievement that i can drive fast and reach before the estimated time.


After a month, it is time to go back home..i went back to seremban, but this time, i have a second driver,my friend who are also from seremban. At least its not really tiring for me and we could drive slowly ( 120km/h)

Before i start my journey, a good friend of mine remind me of not driving very fast.
with Allah's verse in the Quran



al-luqman

"And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster.




"And be moderate in thy pace, and lower thy voice; for the harshest of sounds without doubt is the braying of the ass."



Subhanallah, i always intepret the verse as walking, but i forgot that pace can also be driving pace.
How arrogant i am when driving 160km/h.

and now when i was on the road. i try to keep arrogant as far away as possible. But seeing other people driving like madness. i wish i could share the verses.

so if u see me driving fast, warn me ok

0 comments: